When possible, please send vector files in Adobe Illustrator format. Vector files are scalable without loss of detail when scaling. If vector files cannot be supplied and redrawing is required on any or all of the components, another day needs to be added to the production time.
4 Color Process Specifications
- Artwork must be @ 100% (final size) or larger.
- Must be @ 300dpi or higher.(If the artwork is smaller than the imprint area, then the dpi needs to be @ 600dpi.)
- There is no accurate way to redraw 4 color process images and we cannot redraw photos.
- * Note: Increasing the size of the image will decrease the dpi of that image.
- All fonts used in the design must be converted to curves, outlined or rasterized. (This is to prevent any font related issues.)
Minimum Text / Line Thickness:
- See Fig 1.
- The ideal line thickness is 3 pts for opacity. All printable areas within the artwork should be a minimum of 3 pts thick (.0417″).
- * Note: Areas less than 3pts. will print, but might not be opaque enough, except white. Ideally, white will be opaque as small as 1pt. (.0139″). Anything less than 1 pt will not print.
- Colors should be CMYK. Not all RGB colors can be rendered in CMYK. Therefore, you can make any necessary adjustments before sending your file.
- Blues need to have a difference of 35% or more between Cyan and Magenta. If not, they will print purple.
- Grays should be created from black or they may produce undesired results if CMYK.
Soft Edge / Transparency / Overprint:
- Design needs to be a solid shape without soft edges, transparencies or overprints.
The quality of your imprint depends upon the quality of artwork supplied to us! All orders requiring artwork must be sent in as Black and White CAMERA READY vector art. Artwork can be submitted via E-Mail, on CD or FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Laser copies of 1200 DPIresolution are also acceptable. For Four Color Artwork (ColorBrite items), please refer to our ColorBrite specifications on the web. Whether you are Mac or PC based, we are able to accept your graphic files if you meet the requirements listed. To ensure this and avoid delays or art charges please adhere to our specifications.
NOTE: OUR DELIVERY SCHEDULE MAY DEPEND ON THE QUALITY OF THE ARTWORK SUBMITTED AND UPON ANY CHANGES MADE TO THE ARTWORK ONCE THE ORDER HAS BEEN WORKED ON.
Artwork can be accepted from the following programs:
- Adobe Illustrator – CC or lower
- Photoshop – All EPS, TIFF, JPEG files (layered if possible)
They must be 600 dpi or higher at 100% of final size or larger.
Please Note: Vector Art is preferred. It provides the best quality and allows images to be resized without loss of sharpness and detail.
If scanned images are used with artwork, they MUST be sent as a separate file scanned at 600 dpi or higher. (If not actual size, scan at a higher resolution. This will prevent loss of quality.)